TCS Test Pattern & Selection Procedure
Tata Consultancy Services is software services consulting company headquartered in Mumbai, India. It is the Asia’s largest IT service provider. The company also provides business solutions and outsourcing services.
The company conducts recruitment process every year to select new candidates. The selection process of the company consists of 3 rounds. These rounds are as follows:
- Written Exam
- Technical Interview + Managerial Interview
- HR Interview
- Minimum 60 percent throughout the degree.
- No backlogs should be there.
- A gap in studies for up to 2 years is allowed for valid reasons
Pattern of Written Exam:
|Section||No. of questions||Time allotted (in mins)|
|Programming Language Efficiency||20||20|
- Quantitative Aptitude section consists of certain questions marked with a star in this section which signifies a higher weightage. This also means that they can give you a higher negative marking if answered incorrectly. This section comprises of questions on Averages, Time and Distance, Functions, Geometry. Time and Work, Mixtures and Allegations, Algebra, Percentages, Ratios, and Number System.
- Programming Language Efficiency section consists MCQs which is related to the basic programming concepts. It is a new section introduced by TCS.
- Coding Test section comprises of coding questions on Real Time programming.
- E-mail Writing section is similar to the previous TCS section where a candidate has to write an Email.A candidate has to write an email in a given scenario.There is no negative marking in this section.
Overall the level of the paper is moderate. Only those candidates who clear the written exam will qualify for the next round.
*The Company reserves the right to make changes in the written exam.