Aricent Interview Process
1.(CSE student having 10th grade – 82.4%, 12th grade – 83.3%, Graduation score – 80.7%)
- Write the code for inserting a node in singly linked list including 3 cases of inserting in first, last, middle?
- How is it possible to have only a specific Functionality as per the user for an Object i.e. load only user specific functionality (& not all the functionality of the class to be loaded in the object)?
- What is significance of static keyword in classes in JAVA ?
- How can we have an Abstract Class without using any virtual Function in it?
- What is meant by pipelining and how does it work?
- Compare Raid model with water fall model in SE?
- Define double end queue.
- What have you done to improve your knowledge in the last year?
- What do you know about this organization?
- Do you have offers from other IT companies?
- As an employee, what do you expect from us?
- Is there anything you wish to ask the Interviewer?
- What would you say is your strongest quality?
- What interests you most about this position?
- Do you work well under pressure?
- If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be? Why?
2.(A B.Engg – ECE student from Panjab University with 7.34 CGPA and having 87.5 % in 12th and 90 % in 10th standard.)
- Explain the difference between router, hub and switch.
- State three differences between Binary tree & Binary search tree?
- Write a code for inserting a node in Binary search tree?
- What are arrays? How are they defined in Java ?
- What is a Java bean?
- State the meaning of scheduling and its use in OS? Explain its types.
- What is tree traversals in binary search tree ?
- Introduce yourself.
- You say that you are self motivated, so can you motivate me too?
- What has been your toughest decision up to date?
- Why do you want this job?
- What qualities do you think will be required for this job?
- What can you contribute?
- Why do you want to work for this company?
- Tell me something negative about our company.
- How do you feel about the compensation being offered? Don’t you think it’s a bit less?
3.(A B.Engg. – ECE student from Panjab University with profile as 6.18 CGPA and having 71.4 % in 12th and 89.7 % in 10th.)
- Write the syntax for structures.
- What is polymorphism? What are its types?
- Differentiate between nested and inner class.
- Define priority queue.
- What is the TCP/IP model?
- Mention the various layers in the OSI model.
- Mention a recent movie you have watched.Did it have any message?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- What kind of music do you listen to?
- Do you have any questions for us?
- How long do you think it would be before you were making a significant contribution to the team/company?
- You have not done this sort of job before. How will you cope/succeed?
- Why should we employ you?
4.(A B.Engg. – ECE student from Panjab University with profile as 7.64 CGPA and having 71.4 % in 12th and 89.7 % in 10th)
- What data structure will you use in the hierarchical model?
- A mathematical equation was given, convert it into postfix and prefix notations.
- Mention the use of sparse matrices.
- Why isn’t the ‘malloc( )’ used in C++? What do we use in its place?
- Implement Fibonacci series using ‘main( )’ as the recursive function.
- Define AVL tree. What do you mean by Tree rotation ?
- How did your technical interview go?
- What is your interest: developing or testing? Why?
- Do you like to work independently or in a team? Why?
- Tell us about the highs and lows in your college life.
- How could you improve yourself?
- What has been your biggest failure?
- What was your greatest success? How did you achieve it?
- Do you consider yourself successful?
- How would you describe yourself?
- How would others describe you?
5.(Engineering student with profile as 7.25 CGPA and having 78.5 % in 12th and 85 % in 10th)
- Why do we use hashing techniques?
- How are AVL trees different from binary trees?
- Explain the use of ‘realloc ( )’ function.
- What is URL and URL connections ?
- How do you apply inheritance in JAVA ?
- What is probability searching in data structures and algoritms?
- What are the anomalies in Network Model in Database?
- Tell me something that is unique about yourself.
- How would you handle a conflict in your office?
- According to you, what is the definition of success?
- Are you a leader?
- How do you handle criticism?
- What sort of manager are you? / What makes a good manager?
- Do you work well with others? Or are you a loner?
- Do you need other people around to stimulate you or are you self-motivated?
- Are you accepted into a team quickly?
6.(Engineering student having CGPA 6.82 in Graduation, 89% in 12th and 87% in 10th)
- What are the defining traits of objected-oriented language?
- What do you know about the latest android version Lollipop?
- Explain your summer project.
- Is BCNF better than 2NF & 3NF? Why?
- What are abstract classes ?
- Differentiate between bubble sort and merge sort.
- What is the difference between: Printf(..) and sprint(…) ?
- What kind of test cases will you suggest for an ATM machine
- Introduce yourself.
- Any positions of responsibility that you have held in the past? What have you learnt from them?
- If you were hiring for this position, what qualities would you look for in a potential candidate?
- Do you know anyone who works for us?
- What is your style of management? How do you plan to motivate your team?
- Who or what has had the greatest influence on your life?
- What motivates you to put forth your best effort?
- How has your education prepared you for a career?
- What qualifications do you have that make you think that you will be successful in this career?
- How do you define or evaluate success?